Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Ghetto Martha's Vineyard Detox - Day 11

DAY 11:
So it appears my detox isn't so ghetto after all.  Sure, I'm not following the "21 Pounds in 21 Days" book to the letter, but you know what?  It's freaking working for me!

After sleeping better last night, I woke up early and did the coffee enema, because I'm actually constipated.  How you can be constipated on an all liquid diet is beyond me, but welcome to my weird body, I guess.  My "cups of coffee" weren't effective for me this morning, and I ended up feeling really disappointed that I'd spent 20 minutes worth of prep work (positioning towels, filling bottles, getting settled, finding a book to read, etc) for nothing.  As I mentioned before, I'm not using the true "enema bag" that holds I guess a LOT more liquid than the little cheap-o bottles.  I know nothing of this, as this is the first time in my life I've ever done any kind of booty cleansing.  Going to swing by Walgreen's and see if they have one.  It would be freaking sweet if I could find it right away, and not have to ask someone who works there where it is- how embarrassing!

After my shower, I weighed myself.

Weight = 149 - that's 21 pounds lost, MotherHumpers!


I'm sorry to refer to you as a MotherHumper, but I'm just really excited.  Using the "21 pounds in 21 days" detox diet, I have now lost 21 pounds in HALF the time!  I'm feeling like a freaking rock star today, and no one can tell me any different.

After weighing, I was feelinga bit  froggy and decided to try on my "old" favorite pair of size 10 jeans, which I haven't been able to even pull up over my hips for about 2 years.  Guess what?  They fit great, with even a little extra room!  This is such a good day!  I almost cried (and peed) a little.

Of course, I'm still craving real food whenever any of my 5, 6, or 7 senses detect food, but I'm sure that won't go away.  (By the way, my fellow detoxer and BFF Ashley and I have decided that your Sixth sense is Common, and your Seventh sense is Of Humor.  Figure it out, then write that down.)  My daughter has asked for French Toast for breakfast this weekend, and I'm planning on making it for her, and hoping it won't bother me too much!

Since this is Day 11, that means I've officially hit the HALF WAY point of this detox!  This detox and I definitely have a Love/Hate relationship, and today I'm loving it AND bitch slapping it in the face simultaneously!!!

PS...  I'm starting to smell like vegetables.  It's not just me, ask my BFF Ashley.  Check out her Detox Journey at Journey to a Better Me.
PPS... Any kind of herbal tea with the word "Zinger" in the title pretty much rocks.  Nice and sour and a great change from the "ho hum" normal teas.

1 comment:

  1. ROCK ON, my friend!!! Words cannot express how proud I am of you!!!!

    As for the constipation, I've come to the following conclusion: we pooped out the remaining solid food we had inside from before the detox. The rest that is going in now is SO high in nutrients, we are absorbing just about ALL of it. What we need to get out now is the built up waste that is literally CAKED to the intestinal walls. Over the duration of the rest of the detox, it will slowly start to come off, but will need assistance with the colonics and stuff. I would suggest scheduling one for maybe next Friday or Saturday (the 22nd or 23rd) since it'll be at the very end of your detox. Won't be as good as getting the full series, but will at least help in getting that crap (literally) loosened up and out of there.

    Keep up the good work, Holmes! It's all paying off!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete