Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Ghetto Martha's Vineyard Detox - Day 16

DAY 16:
Back to work today, and I am unhappy that I am at a weight stand-still.  I am going to stick to my 2-hour drink plan as best I can today.  All went okay.  In the evening, I made a soup and smashed it up instead of puree-ing the veggies.  My husband caught me chewing a little bit.

Oh well, it's almost over.  I'm just trying to get through it.

I'm starting to read over and plan for the 7 days after the detox ends.  You can't just start eating regular food again right away, as it would be a shock to your system, and could potentially make you very very sick.  You have to wean yourself back on to real food.  A small salad never sounded so good to me!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you are doing so awesome!!! You are almost done - so proud of you!!!

    As for the "chewing" part - I read a little more about that near the end of my detox last week, and it's not so much the physical act of CHEWING, but the work your digestive system has to do to break down the food that isn't already broken down into the "mush" form that is the issue. When food goes into your body already broken down into much, your digestive system doesn't have to break it down. Thus, your digestive system then has "more time on its hands" to DETOX and cleanse your body of toxins, rather that "focus its time" on digesting/breaking down your food for you. So when it says not to chew your food, it's because your food should already be in a form that is broken down so your body doesn't have to break it down once it's inside. So basically, you could technically swallow something whole without chewing, but it would defeat the purpose cuz your digestive system would still have to break it down once it's inside. But on the flip side, you could chew on mush in your mouth all you want, but as long as it's going down in the form of highly broken down mush, your digestive system is in the clear and doesn't have to do any work other than go through the detox process.

    Anyway, that was just a bunch of rambling crap. You are SO CLOSE to the end, dude!!!! Just a few more days! How are you FEELING? Do you feel more energized? I bet you look amazing! So proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I should really proof read my comments before posting them, eh?? Sorry...hope you were able to decipher the crap above, lol.

    ReplyDelete