Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Ghetto Martha's Vineyard Detox - Day 4

DAY 4
After a much better night of sleep, I got up 30 minutes early and set up for my very first ever coffee enema. I brewed 4 tablespoons of regular old coffee (not organic, as suggested) in my coffee maker with 6 cups of water (I also used tap water instead of the suggested distilled), put it into a tupper, and let it sit out overnight so it would be room temperature.

I also couldn't find the suggested enema bag, but I did get a double kit pre-filled enema bottles at the local drug store for less than $2.00. I dumped out whatever butt solution was in there, and put my coffee in. I laid towels on the floor of my bathroom, one rolled up to elevate my hips and hopefully send the coffee further into the depths of my bowels. I set the alarm on my phone for 15 minutes, used as much of both bottles as I could squeeze out, laid there and read a book for the full 15 minutes. It wasn't bad at all, other than the occasional urge to go, which I was able to suppress, because I wanted to get the full benefit of it, since I'm not doing the weekly colonics.

As I'm typing this, I'm realizing that this reall is the ghetto version of the Martha's Vineyard Detox. But, I'm trying to do it as affordably as possible, and still benefit from it.

I also took 5 minutes to brush my skin before showering. My skin has been really dry and cracky lately, and this seemed to help. It will probably make a big difference if I keep doing it!

Weight after coffee enema, 158/159. Only one-ish pound since yesterday.

I made a quick trip into the grocery store on the way to work, because the thought of another day full of green tea made me want to vom. I turned into the tea aisle, and bumped into (literally) a big Lipton display with brand new hot teas that have real pieces of fruit in them for flavor! Although this isn't a real "herbal" tea, and the ingredients have "corn starch" and "natural flavor" in them, I got it anyway. So I'm cheating with tea - sue me. I just wanted some flavor! And it's a really nice, flavorful change from the bitter green tea and lemon grass tea I've been having. I also bought an herbal sampler box and some sleepytime tea.

Today I have some gas and cramping. All I can say is that my tummy is making some really whack noises, and I hope no one walks into my office for the next 5 - 10 minutes. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment