Monday, January 11, 2010

My Ghetto Martha's Vineyard Detox - Day 2

DAY 2:
Aside from not sleeping well AT ALL last night, I'm really not feeling too bad. Being at work really helped keep my mind off of food! Although there are a few plates of leftover Christmas breads sitting around in the break room, I resisted the urge to grab one (mostly because they're growing hair). The green and berry drinks along with my colon cleansing pills are keeping me full, and I haven't really felt hungry. I went home for "lunch" and juiced my first glass of fresh veggie juice ever - I did 1 carrot, 1 wedge of red cabbage, 1/4 cucumber, and 2 onion petals. Um, not good. Onion juice makes me want to hurl. I chugged it, and went on with my day. I warmed up some leftover soup and broth from last night and drank it. I saved the leftover "veggie trash" from the juicer to throw into tonight's soup, to hopefully keep as many nutrients as possible going into my body.

I had a little freak-out episode when I walked in the back door at home tonight. My husband was making oven-baked sloppy joes with Mac & Cheese, and was also cooking up a crock pot full of chili for him and my daughter, Dylan, to eat on for the next few days. Now, I didn't go outwardly crazy, I just freaked out on the inside, and got really quiet and grumpy. I was very short with Justin and cried a little. I tried my best not to react badly towards him, because he's been so supportive of me doing this, and I know he was trying to get all the cooking done BEFORE I got home, so I didn't have to go through the torture of making the meals myself. He basically left me alone, and I stayed in the kitchen and super-cleaned the kitchen, made my drink powder packets for tomorrow, and cooked some dinner soup, and I feel better. My daughter hates this diet and is really worried about me. "Who would make UP such a diet with NO FOOD, mom?"

Since there is a freaking blizzard and negative temperatures, and my gut was feeling a bit crampy, I went out to my husband's 30x40 carpentry shop behind our house and did a mile walk in there.

I've also added Vitamin C to my pill mix to help with cigarette cravings.

Overall, I felt good and had lots of energy and a positive mood today, until I was faced with real, chewable food.

No comments:

Post a Comment