Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Ghetto Martha's Vineyard Detox - Day 8

DAY 8
On Sunday, our daughter was over playing at a friend's house.  My husband, Justin, came with me to show a house in the country to our friends.  Then, we did a little boonie cruising out to another friend's house to pick up our log splitter and take it back to town.  On our leisurely ride back, we were talking and looking at houses.  We were both looking off to the side at a pretty cool house as we crested a hill.  The next thing we know, BAM!  We plowed about 75 feet into a 3 foot snow drift across the road!  It appears the road grader stopped clearing the road at the top of the hill.  Fantastic.  Now, my husband's truck is no weenie - he's got a Dodge Ram Diesel with some kind of a Turbo Power Box that makes it extra cool.  I think it just makes it extra loud.  Anyhow, we spent the next hour digging and spinning our wheels trying to get out.  Unfortunately, the ruts we were making were just pulling us into the ditch, where the snow was probably 4 feet deep!  We finally gave up and started calling people for help (which hurt my husband's pride a LOT more than he tried to let on!)  While we were waiting on a hero, I decided "hell - while we're here, I may as well take pictures!"





 My brother came out and was able to yank us out of the mess.  I had missed 2 feedings by that time and was absolutely famished.  Also, I had a really bad cigarette day - sitting stuck in a truck didn't help matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment