Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Ghetto Martha's Vineyard Detox - Day 3

DAY 3
Okay, this is absolutely crazy.  I have weighed the same for about 2 years now - by my scales at home, it's always 170.  I rarely weigh myself because it's depressing, and I feel I should give my poor little scales a break in between my weighings.  But, for the purpose of tracking my progress, I weighed myself at my Mom's house on Day 1 - 171 pounds.

This morning, I decided to weigh myself just to see if anything was happening - my non-digital scale hovered between 159/160.  I knelt down and looked at the numbers closer.  I stepped off with a look of puzzlement on my face.  I found my glasses and put them on, and stepped back on - 159/160.

10 POUNDS IN 2 DAYS?  Is this for REAL?


At this point, my body feels maybe a little bit different, but I would NEVER have expected 10 pounds to melt off right away!  I'm almost certain that most of this loss is water weight, because ever since my 20's I've had trouble with swelling, especially when I was pregnant.  When I was pregnant, I looked and felt like one of those gel-filled stress squeezers.

I'm also trying to figure out how 10 pounds left my body!  I mean, sure I've peed quite a bit, but not 10 pounds worth!  And to be frank, I haven't really #2'd any more than usual either (which is sadly once every few days for me).

I am now super pumped about my decision to invest in this detox, because I'm actually seeing results!  I hope  this momentum keeps up!!!

This evening I could only choke down half of my soup.  You'll probably hear me say this a lot - it's one thing to have vegetable soup.  It's quite another to have pureed mush soup that tastes like vegetables.  I'd rather eat nothing at all than that.

I'm also naughty and had 2 cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment